GILBERT ROAD MEDICAL GROUP – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
If you have COVID-19 symptoms and you need more advice than is available online at NHS Inform then please call NHS24 on 111. This service is available day and night.
For all other health matters not related to COVID-19 please call the Practice on 01224 712138 between 8.00am – 6.00pm.
Below is a list of the current changes to our regular service:
- Urgent medical care – all requests for urgent medical care are being triaged by our acute care team. If the clinician feels you need to be seen they may organise a video call for you or if they feel you need to be examined, they will arrange a face to face appointment for you.
- Routine doctor appointments – these are now all telephone consultations. If the clinician feels you need to be seen they may organise a video call for you or if they feel you need to be examined, they will arrange a face to face appointment for you.
- Treatment room and phlebotomy services – we are running significantly reduced clinics for bloods and procedures deemed essential.
- Chronic disease clinics – these clinics have been stopped until further notice.
- Prescriptions – please order these in the usual manner with our preference being on-line. Ensure that you tell us which local pharmacy you wish us to put your prescription to for you to collect. Please note you can not collect from the Practice. Please do not over order.
- On-line booking – this facility has temporarily been suspended.
- Fit notes – please request these in the usual manner by phoning the surgery on the day that they are required and we will send these to you by royal mail. If your fit note request is due to isolation then you do not need to speak with a doctor. You can download one from the NHS Inform website.
For further information on COVID-19 please visit: https://www.nhsinform.scot
If you have been asked by a clinician to video call them, please click on the link and follow the instructions at: https://nhsattend.vc/nhsg/GilbertRdMG
Welcome to Gilbert Road Medical Group
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Bus stops are close to the surgery and limited car parking is available. There is also a pram shelter and disabled access.
(Site updated 18/11/2019)